My 14 year old son has eaten all types of seafood his entire life.
But, recently immediately after eating shrimp and lobster he has exhibited the following symptoms: feeling tightness in the throat and severe abdominal pain.
So I'm wondering because I think there is iodine in both these foods it may be an iodine allergy or overdose of iodine in his system.
I've heard iodine doesn't leave your body for a while so it is possible for build up to occur?
I have an appointment with an allergist next week and am wondering what questions & or tests I should be asking for to shed more light on the situation. What are your thoughts.
I am so sorry that I wasn't able to respond to you immediately.
To answer your question about iodine build up in the body. Normally, any excess iodine is flushed out of the body.
If you will refer to the page on this site regarding Iodine Allergy, it may be that toxins have built up in his body.
Please let me know how the doctor appointment went.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Iodine Help Line.