Iodine Overdose Potential

by Geri

I was wondering if you could ever get too much iodine by taking the maintance amount of 2 drops per day.

Also, on the iodine test, does all the color disapear?

On my test the color was a very light yellow and I didn't know how to determine it.

Your help to clear this up would be appreciated.


According to Dr. Brownstein, whom I consider the iodine "expert", the minimum dose of Lugols is two to six drops. Overdose reactions are very rare and often those reactions can be attributed to halogens.

If you were having an allergic reaction, you would experience these allergy symptoms.

The very light yellow remaining from the patch test indicates you are iodine deficient.

I hope this answered your questions.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Iodine Help Line.