Mercury Poisoning

by Veronica

If one has mercury poisoning from amalgam fillings, how much iodine would you recommend that one supplement with?

I was informed that at least 50 mgs. of iodine was needed to address a specific health condition or problem. If so, would this be a safe amount for me to take?

In addition to having mercury poisoning, I have been said to have sub-clinical hypothyroidism.

If you could please get back to me regarding my questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Your website is very informative and very helpful.


Veronica, your question is what I have been facing - a mouth full of mercury plus hypothyroidism.

So, I believe I can speak from experience and guide you along the way to better health.

I started out with one tablet a day of Iodoral, or you could use 1 to 2 drops of Lugols in juice or water, then very slowly increase the dosage.

I added another tablet of Iodoral every two months until I reached the 50 mg. level. I have been doing this for over a year.

Finally, my goiter decreased and now I am no longer bothered by it.

If you start with a high dosage, you will experience detoxification symptoms which are not pleasant to go through including flu like symptoms, outbreak of pimples, nausea, loose bowels, etc. Not very pleasant.

This is your body's response to removing toxins stored in your body including Halogens

I supplement with Vit C, Magnesium, Vit D, Selenium, B vitamins, greens, liquid chlorophy, aloe vera juice, and beet juice for my pancreas.

There are other pages on this site which address various detoxification methods. All of these are designed to clear your body of the toxins which prevent your body from absorbing the iodine.

We're all faced with a constant "Inner Battle" to help our bodies be fortified and strong against adverse elements in the air and food supply.

I hope this helped.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Iodine Help Line.